Airlie Beach - Full Day Dive the Great Barrier Reef
See the world beneath the waves and dive at one of the most famous reefs – The Great Barrier. One of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, take the plunge to see for yourself the abundance of coral and marine life this outlandish landscape has to offer.
Experience a full-day Great Barrier Reef diving adventure taking you to selected moorings around Bait Reef - the closest of the outer reef locations.
Departing at 8.00am and returning at 6.00pm to Abel Point Marina, the full day tour visits two dive locations within Bait Reef. A minimum of 3.5 hours is spent on location.
To keep you energised all day, a delicious buffet style lunch is provided on board, as well as morning and afternoon tea.
Tour includes high quality Mares diving gear and wetsuits.
Why choose Explore:
- Intimate. We operate by taking smaller groups to ensure a more personalised and quality experience.
- Top of the line dive equipment and vessel. Travel between dive sites in comfort on our new dive boat Island Explorer.
- 5 Star PADI rating. We are one of Airlie Beach's few PADI 5 star accredited operators.
- Informative. Educational Great Barrier Reef and Whitsunday Island commentary en route
- Various sites. You'll visit dive sites around Bait Reef including Stepping Stones, Paradise Lagoon and Mantaray drop-off.
The reef is accessed by our premium brand new custom designed dive vessel, Island Explorer. She has two levels of air conditioned luxury, lounge style seating, a partially shaded deck and fresh water shower on-board. There is a full beam swim platform which makes entering and exiting the water a comfortable and easy experience.
All certified divers must produce their certification card or log book at the time of booking
Full Day Cruise with Diving
- Certified SCUBA Dive: Adult $390
- Certified SCUBA Dive: Youth (12 - 17) $290
- Price per person includes GST and $6.50 Reef Levy.
Diving available most days but please confirm days of operation when planning your trip (May differ in winter months).
(Prices valid 1st March 2018 - 31st March 2019)
Need to know:
- You must complete a diving medical questionnaire before being able to dive with us. An example form can be found here.
- Before booking you must read, understand and agree to the diving terms and conditions found here.
- Amenities: There are toilets and a shower on-board
- Weather: at times the weather in the tropics can be unpredictable. We will provide up to date weather report before departure and discuss in detail with you the scheduled plan for the day
- Wind and visibility: on occasions we can operate different destinations to provide the most enjoyable day possible. These options will be explained prior to departure
- Rate includes all gear hire and two dives
- All divers are personally guided by our experienced Divemasters or Instructors
- As some of our locations at Bait Reef are advanced dives, if your last dive was more than 12 months prior (and depending total number of dives) we may require you to complete either a PADI ReActivate Programme or a refresher programme in the pool prior to diving. Please discuss at time of booking for more details.
Love it. Worth every cent. The wife and I had fun, saw whales breaching and playing, moray eels and turtles. Good food and snacks, good helpful crew.Barry G, Tripadvisor, June 2018
Where to find us
Lot 33 - Shingley Beach Resort
115 Shingley Drive
0499 102 932
- From $390
- From $290
- Trip Duration
- 10 Hours
You must complete a diving medical questionnaire before being able to dive with us. Diving available most days but please confirm days of operation when planning your trip (May differ in winter months).Book Here