Airlie Beach - Half Day Dive the Inner Reef
Access the underwater world of the Inner Reef from the back of our new custom designed 23m dive and snorkel vessel, Island Explorer. Explore beneath the waves and see for yourself the abundance of coral and marine life this outlandish landscape has to offer.
This half day cruise visits secluded locations within the northern section of the Whitsunday Islands which have the best fringing reef areas. The destination chosen is dependent on the weather & tide conditions on the day. Locations include Luncheon Bay or Manta Ray on Hook Island, Blue Pearl Bay on Hayman Island or Cateran Bay on Border Island.
- Intimate. We operate by taking smaller groups to ensure a more personalised and quality experience.
- Top of the line dive equipment and vessel. Travel between dive sites in comfort on our new dive boat Island Explorer.
- 5 Star PADI rating. We are one of Airlie Beach's few PADI 5 star accredited operators.
- Informative. Educational Whitsunday Island commentary en route
- Best sites. Selected on the day of departure for ideal visibility the areas of Northern Hook Island are recognised as the best fringing reef areas of the Whitsunday Islands.
Boarding either at 8.15am or 12.45pm, for a half day 4 hour tour. The schedule is chosen dependent on conditions on the day. Includes approximately one hour of scenic cruising to the best available dive sites. Includes 2 hours on location for diving.
Island Explorer is our brand new custom designed dive / snorkel vessel. She has two levels of air conditioned luxury, lounge style seating, a partially shaded deck and fresh water hot and cold showers on-board. There is a full beam swim platform which makes entering and exiting the water a comfortable and easy experience.
Morning or afternoon tea is provided pending time of cruise.
All certified divers must produce their certification card or log book at the time of booking.
Half Day Cruise with Diving:
- Certified SCUBA Dive: Adult $290
- Certified SCUBA Dive: Youth (12 - 17) $190
- Price per person includes GST and $6.50 Reef Levy.
(Prices valid 1st March 2018 - 31st March 2019)
Diving available most days but please confirm days of operation when planning your trip (May differ in winter months).
Need to know:
- Amenities: There are toilets and showers on-board
- Weather: At times the weather in the tropics can be unpredictable. We will provide updated weather report before departure and discuss in detail with you the scheduled plan for the day
- Wind and visibility: on occasions we can operate different destinations to provide the most enjoyable day possible. These options will be explained prior to departure.
- Rate includes all gear hire
- All divers are personally guided by our experienced Divemasters or Instructors.
- As some of our locations at Bait Reef are advanced dives, if your last dive was more than 12 months prior (and depending total number of dives) we may require you to complete either a PADI ReActivate Programme or a refresher programme in the pool prior to diving. Please discuss at time of booking for more details.
Half day dive - We did an afternoon trip as a family of 4. Only one of us PADI qualified. During the ride out to Luncheon Bay on Hook Island, we had our gear fitting and briefing. Very thorough and new looking gear. This was my first dive, so fairly nervous. We did some further briefing once in the water and some practical tests (water in goggles, lost regulator) and more caution 'look ......don't touch' to ensure the reef remains. The dive started off fairly shallow and gradually made it down to 12 meters, all the while our fantastic guide Kellie, pointing out things to look at and checking that we were OK. 50 mins later we were back up and one the boat ride home with snacks and smiles all round. Many thanks to the Explore team. A great first experience!stephens066, TripAdvisor, July 2016
Where to find us
384 Shute Harbour Road
07 4946 9664
Please read our
& Cancellation Policy here...
- Airlie Beach
- 4 hours
Morning Tour: 8.15am-12.30pm Afternoon Tour : 12.45pm-5.00pm Diving available most days but please confirm days of operation when planning your trip (May differ in winter months).Enquire Here