Discover the Bay
Experience the spectacular scenery in an area rich in culture and history. Encounter diverse wildlife in their natural surroundings. Explore the Bay of Islands with us...
- Cruising among the 144 islands with skipper's commentary
- Viewing marine mammals (dolphins, whales or orcas) on over 90% of our trips with a lifetime viewing guarantee
- A visit to the iconic Hole in the Rock and when conditions permit, travel through it
- Enjoy Explore hospitality during your unique 90min Otehei Bay experience including a visit to the Otehei Bay conservation centre
- BBQ lunch on morning and afternoon departures
- Comfortable travel on our black and yellow powercat, seats are limited to keep our trips photo friendly
Absorb Urupukapuka Island's rich and long history at the Otehei Bay Island Conservation Centre. Also learn about the restorative work of Project Island Song to return native bird life back to the Bay.
Need to know:
- Purchase this tour and $5 contributes to the Explore Conservation Fund, supporting local conservation initiatives
- Wear a light jacket and flat soled shoes
- Bring your camera
- Check in for your trip 15 minutes prior to departure
- Fully licensed bar onboard for drinks and light snacks
- This trip is suitable for children
- Lifejackets will be supplied in the event of an emergency
Where to find us
Corner of Marsden & Williams Roads
Paihia, Bay of Islands
0800 365 744
(NZ calls only)
We are excited to release our new app for our two flagship products, the America's Cup Sailing Experience in Auckland and Discover the Bay 'Hole in the Rock' cruise in the Bay of Islands. The app is also bilingual, featuring English and Chinese.
The app is available now for both Apple or Android devices.
With the app downloaded you can explore at your leisure before, during and after your experience without an internet connection. You can browse the app in real time on board the trip and use the handy built-in map as you travel past points of interest. With extended info on the history of the region, along with photos of the key points along the way. Click on the map markers to see what is coming up, or to revisit something you've already discovered.
- From $135
- From $80*
- Trip Duration
- 4 hours
- 1 December- 30 April
Departs Paihia 9.00am & 1.30pm Daily
Departs Russell 9.10am & 1.40pm Daily
- 1 May- 30 November
Departs Paihia 10.00am
Departs Russell 10.10am
*Children: 5-15 yrs, under 5 yrs travel for free. (Prices valid until 30 April 2017).Book Here
0800 365 744
(New Zealand calls only).
23J23, Trip Advisor, May 2016