Dune Rider - Cape Reinga
Explore the landscape on this full day adventure to Cape Reinga. Drive along the sand highway of 90 Mile Beach as the ocean roars alongside you. Immerse yourself in the culture and history of the Far North on this adventure to the top of NZ…
Travel in comfort, The Dune Rider is a purpose built off-road vehicle, with sloping floors, air conditioning and 36 well-spaced seats.
Extensive commentary, from local drivers who have all the answers to your questions
Lunch included, sit down lunch at Waitiki Landing
Well planned route, with ample stops including 90 Mile Beach, Te Paki Stream for sandboarding, Gumdigger's Park and Kauri Kingdom
Journey into the Far North on this off road adventure. Take in
all the highlights of this isolated and dramatic region of New
Watch the waves crash down on the expansive sands of 90 Mile Beach. Absorb the beauty of the landscape as your driver captivates you with stories of small communities and cultural legends.
Experience the rush of speed as you sandboard down glistening white sand dunes at Te Paki stream and struggle up the steep slopes again for just one more ride.
Discover the tranquil atmosphere at Cape Reinga a cultural and spiritual landmark where you will observe the power of two great oceans meeting at the tip of the landscape.
End on a high note, enjoy a kiwi classic at 'world famous' Mangonui fish shop with fresh fish and chips and a cold beverage to wash it down.
- An early morning pick up at your accommodation
- Fascinating commentary by our local drivers
- Entrance to Gumdigger's Park, a replica 1900's gumdigger camp on the site of an ancient buried Kauri forest (included in price)
- Relaxed sit down lunch (included in price)
- A walk to Cape Reinga lighthouse and viewing the meeting of the two oceans
- Driving along 90 Mile Beach with a stop to wet your feet
- Climbing huge sand dunes and boogie boarding down
- Visiting the Ancient Kauri Kingdom workshop
- A stop at the 'world famous' Mangonui Fish Shop
(fresh fish and chips optional extra)
Tides will determine the order of activity stops and whether
digging for shellfish is possible.
Remember your change of clothes, towel, hat, sunscreen and camera.
Need to know:
- Wear a light jacket and flat soled shoes
- Bring your camera, and a change of clothes for sandboarding
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a sunhat are a must in summer months
- Check in for your trip 15 minutes prior to departure
- This trip is suitable for children
Where to find us
Corner of Marsden & Williams Roads
Bay of Islands
0800 365 744
(NZ calls only)
- From $149
- From $110*
- Trip Duration
- 10-11 hours
Departs Paihia 7.30am
Departs Kerikeri 7.45am
Pickups are available from your accommodation or nearby. Please select when you book. *Children up to 15 yrs. (Prices valid until 30th November 2014).Book Here
0800 365 744
(New Zealand calls only).