Explore Otehei Bay
Experience a slice of island paradise at Otehei Bay on Urupukapuka Island. A beautiful corner of the Bay of Islands.
With multiple ferry departures daily to Otehei Bay on Urupukapuka Island from Paihia/Russell over the summer months, you can spend just a few hours or a full day on the island and return at your leisure.
There's so much to do at Otehei Bay and activities to suit all:
- Find a spot to yourself and relax in the peace and quiet
- Fill your time with water activities like swimming and kayaking.
- Go on one of the many walks on the island, listen to all the different bird song and take in the stunning vista from numerous different look out spots. Download our Urupukapuka walking map (pdf format).
- Over the summer months enjoy a bite to eat or perhaps a wine/beer from the onsite Café and fully licensed bar. View the menu here.
- Find out all about the history and conservation of the eastern
Bay of Islands at the
Island Conservation Centre.
Learn more about our group bookings and package deals. Perfect for staff functions, family gatherings, or pre/post wedding events. Find out more here
If you are looking to go camping on Urupukapuka Island please ensure that you've booked online before arriving. The Department of Conservation also has lots of other information about the island which you may find useful. Book your accommodation or read more here.
Otehei Bay regularly hosts events of all sizes such as family days for Easter, New Year's Eve parties, Xmas parties, large corporate events, and themed dinners.
Early Bird Special - Christmas Day Buffet
Come out to Otehei Bay for Christmas Lunch or Dinner with your family and friends for a real Kiwi Christmas experience. You'll be treated to a delicious and filling buffet meal where you can sit down with loved ones surrounded by Pohutukawa trees and the glistening water of Otehei Bay. No fuss, just great food, great company and a great setting.
You can either make your own way there via boat, or come on board the Explore Ferry for a return trip from Paihia or Russell.
Buffet Lunch & Dinner :
Adult - $54
Child (5 - 15) - $30
Under 5 - $10
Buffet Lunch & Dinner Ferry Package:
Adult - $99
Child (5 - 15) - $55
Under 5 - $10
Where to find us
Corner of Marsden & Williams Roads
Paihia, Bay of Islands
0800 365 744
(NZ calls only)
- From $45
- From $25*
- Trip Duration
- Approx 40 mins (one way)
- 1 October 2018- 30 April 2019 - Sailings 7 days.
*Child 5-15 yrs, under 5yrs travel free **Family is for 2 Adults and 2 ChildrenBook Here
0800 365 744
(New Zealand calls only).