The following terms and conditions apply to bookings made for all spectator experiences on board vessels operated by Explore Limited. Upon purchasing your ticket, you agree to these terms & conditions.
- Payment is required in full at the time of booking in order to secure your ticket.
- Payment can be made by direct bank transfer or by credit card
2. CANCELLATION & REFUNDS
2.1. In the event of any refund payable to a Customer, Explore Limited may charge an administration fee which will be calculated at 20% of the booking amount. This fee will typically cover all additional time, expenses and costs incurred by Explore Limited with regard to refunding a confirmed Booking. Explore Limited may deduct such administration fee from any refundable amount payable to a Customer, prior to making such refund to that Customer.
2.2 By Customer:
- Cancelled bookings are non-refundable.
- Cancelled bookings more than 24 hours prior to scheduled departure may be transferred to another Explore product of equal or lesser value (subject to availability). No partial refunds will be offered.
- Cancelled bookings more than 24 hours prior to scheduled departure may also be transferred to another Explore product of higher value (subject to availability). Any difference in price will be paid by the customer prior to departure.
2.3 Race Day Cancellation:
All America’s Cup racing and race timing is governed by strict weather conditions and other circumstances as set out in the race conditions and can be subject to change at short notice. Therefore, in the event that the America’s Cup Race Committee announce that racing has been cancelled, the following conditions will apply:
- If racing is cancelled prior to your boarding time, you will be offered the following options:
- Transfer booking to an alternative race date (subject to availability and price changes)
- If no alternative race or reserve day is available then a refund of the ticket cost, less the 20% administration fee, will be issued (as per clause 2.1 above)
- If racing is cancelled after departure from the dock, you will enjoy a harbour cruise for the remaining duration of the experience you have booked, along with any catering and drinks (as per the inclusions in your booking).
2.4 Scheduled Race Day/Race no longer required:
There are 13 races scheduled for the 36th America’s Cup Match where each team received one point per race win. Once a team reaches seven points, they are declared as the winner of the America’s Cup. If this result is achieved with scheduled races remaining, any further scheduled race days for that stage of the competition will no longer be required. This is a situation that could apply to the following scheduled race dates:
- 12, 13, 14, 15 March (Races 8-13)
- Note that race 8 (12 March) will only be raced if required to achieve a final result on the weekend of 13/14 March.
In the event that the date of your booking is on a scheduled race day that is no longer required, the following conditions will apply:
- Transfer booking to an alternative Explore product (subject to availability and price changes)
- If no alternative race or reserve day is available then a refund of the ticket cost will be issued. In some instances, refunds may be issued with a 20% administration fee withheld by Explore (as per clause 2.1 above) to cover any costs incurred prior to cancellation.
2.5 By Operator:
If Explore (the operator) are forced to cancel your booking for vessel or other circumstances, you will be offered the following options:
- Transfer booking to alternative vessel for the same day (subject to availability and price changes)
- Transfer booking to an alternative date (subject to availability and price changes)
- Full refund
- Some spectator experiences may be subject to minimum passenger numbers. In the event that the minimum number is not reached for your chosen experience, you will be offered the same three options stated previously.
3. COVID-19 REGULATIONS & RESTRICTIONS
All vessels will operate in accordance with current government regulations surrounding alert levels and restrictions.
If passenger numbers are restricted by government mandate, bookings will be accepted in order of purchase with the latter purchases being re-scheduled to alternative race dates where possible (subject to availability and price changes)
If we (Explore) are forced to cancel bookings due to government enforced Covid-19 regulations, purchasers will be given a refund less the non-refundable 20% administration fee (as per clause 2.1).
If purchaser of ticket cannot travel to Auckland due to regional/international travel restrictions enforced by government due to Covid 19, purchasers will receive a refund less the non-refundable 20% administration fee (as per clause 2.1)
If government mandate requires masks to be worn on the hospitality boat’s it will be the responsibility of the ticket purchaser to provide their own mask and wear it in accordance with government guidelines.
The operator will adhere to any other conditions as required by government guidelines and has the right to refuse boarding if they deem a passenger(s) to be a risk to others.
- These are adventure activities which carry with them a certain element of risk.
- They are not recommended for pregnant women and people with certain medical conditions, please consult booking agent prior to departure.
- To the extent permitted by law, we hold no liability for damage to you or your property. This is subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- To the extent permitted by law, we hold no liability for disruption to your travel plans. We recommend our guests hold a comprehensive travel insurance policy in case of any unexpected changes in their travel plans that may incur a cancellation fee.
- Departures are subject to minimum numbers and weather conditions.
- Explore Limited and associated companies reserve the right to alter proposed routes or cancel any departure in the interest of passenger safety or comfort.
- Host responsibility policy applies. Explore Limited and associated companies reserve the right to refuse boarding/service to anyone deemed to be a danger to themselves or other passengers due to intoxication.
- Disruptive or intoxicated passengers may be removed from the vessel and tendered to the nearest shore point at any time during the duration of the cruise.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Passengers are not permitted to bring any food or alcoholic beverages on board
- Passengers must comply with smoking restrictions on board