Explore Group (New Zealand) Terms and Conditions
Booking may be cancelled without penalty up to 24 hours before departure of the trip.
Cancellations within 24 hours and No Shows are subject to a 100% cancellation charge. We recommend our guests should hold a comprehensive travel insurance policy in case of any unexpected changes in their travel plans that may incur a cancellation fee.
We require seven days' notice for charters and 24 hours' notice for individuals if the booking is to be cancelled. If an alternative date is not arranged, the full price will be charged. If a charter booking is cancelled within seven days of the sailing only the deposit will be charged.
In the event we cancel the trip due to the weather or any other circumstances beyond our control a full refund will be given if an alternative date cannot be arranged.
A 20% non-refundable deposit is required to secure the charter. And full payment is due at least 7 days prior to departure.
All departures are subject to demand, wind and weather conditions.
Some trips are adventure activities and are not recommended for pregnant women and people with medical conditions, please consult skipper prior to departure.
To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for your property or disruption to travel plans is excluded. This exclusion is subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
Explore and associated companies reserve the right to alter proposed routes or cancel any departure in the interest of passenger safety or comfort.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Otehei Bay New Year's Eve Terms and Conditions:
- No BYO alcohol is permitted on the Explore Ferry or at Otehei Bay due to liquor licencing laws. This will be strictly enforced.
- There is a liquor ban in place at Otehei Bay (including foreshore).
- Please bring ID with you to receive R18 wristband
- Please ensure you bring a printed copy of your booking confirmation or have the booking confirmation bar code clearly visible on your phone to enable scanning. No ticket - No entry.
- If you have purchased tickets for multiple people in once transaction, all people on that ticket must check in together to collect wristbands for entry.
- Event wristbands can be collected from 4.00pm
- Explore Group have the right to exercise a one way door policy.
- Please arrive at the venue before 9.00pm, admission to the event is not guaranteed after that time.
- Complete fire ban is in place, this includes a fireworks ban on private vessels.
- Please be aware Urupukapuka Island is a wildlife sanctuary, please stop and check your belongings for any pests before you come on the island.
1. Cancelled Events, Refunds and Exchanges
1.1 carefully review the purchase details. Explore Group does not issue an exchange or refund for any cancellations on behalf of the purchaser for this event. A change in personal circumstances does not entitle a ticket holder to return or exchange a ticket.
1.2 Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by Explore due to weather conditions or situations affecting the staff or passengers. When this occurs, Explore makes every effort to ensure you receive a prompt refund if applicable. If an event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund. Please make sure to include/provide your details so we can expedite your refund if applicable. If you purchased the ticket(s) from an agent, you will need to return the ticket(s) directly to the agent where you purchased the ticket(s).
1.3 In the event that Explore authorises ticket refunds, they will be issued only to the original purchaser or to the original credit card used for the purchase.
1.4 Nothing in this Purchase Policy (including specifically, this clause) shall limit Explore Groups liability for any breach of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or the Fair Trading Act 1986 (including any liability for consequential loss suffered by a consumer that cannot be excluded) or will or purport to limit any consumer's rights that cannot be limited by New Zealand Law.