Extend your Tikapa Moana - Whale & Dolphin Wildlife Cruise experience with a morning on Rotoroa Island. Take the opportunity to stretch your legs with a coastal walk and spot native species, swim at a sheltered sandy bay or discover the award winning museum exhibition showcasing the unique history of this small island sanctuary.
Departing on your wildlife cruise in the afternoon you will have the chance to spot diverse marine wildlife abundant in their natural habitat - the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park - including whales, dolphins, seals, penguins, birdlife and more from our vessel purpose-built for wildlife viewing.
- Scenic cruising around the islands with informative commentary on our new purpose-built comfortable cruise vessel - includes passenger pickups at other locations
- 3 hour island stop at Rotoroa Island at no additional charge to discover 8km of walks, sheltered sandy beaches and native wildlife
- 2.5 hours dedicated marine mammal search
- Opportunity to view a variety of marine animals including dolphins, whales, seals, birdlife and more
- Marine mammal viewing guarantee - come again for free if we don’t spot any marine mammals during your cruise^
- Learn about the history and conservation efforts on the volcanic peaks, many islands and extended coastline of the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
- Hear fascinating stories on the origins and histories of land, sea and Ngāi Tai ki Tāmaki – original inhabitants of Tāmaki Makaurau
Please note lunch is not included. Sandwiches, snacks and drinks are available for purchase onboard.
Operating in partnership with Ngāi Tai Te Haeranga