Help keep our Hauraki Gulf Islands pest free. Check, Clean & Close your gear before leaving the mainland.
- Check your bags for stowaways, such as mice, rats, Argentine ants and Rainbow/Plague Skinks.
- Clean your footwear, clothing and bags and ensure they are free of soil and seeds.
- Close all bags or boxes. No open bags or boxes will be allowed on-board and everything you bring must be sealed or zipped shut.
- Any food must be packed in a rodent-proof and sealed container such as hard plastic.
- Please remember to take all your rubbish, including leftover food, off the island with you when you leave. There are no rubbish bins on pest-free islands.