- Bookings for scheduled departures are non-refundable if the customer cancels within 24 hours of departure or for a no show.
- Bookings for scheduled departures are fully refundable if a) the customer cancels more than 24 hours prior to departure or b) the operator cancels the departure and an alternative date cannot be arranged.
- If a component of a combo product booking is cancelled and a refund is due, the refund paid will be the difference between the full retail of the tour/cruise component travelled and the total paid.
- Explore Group requires 24 hours’ notice of cancellation for all scheduled departure bookings.
- Explore Group reserve the right to alter proposed routes or cancel any departure in the interest of passenger safety and/or comfort.
- All departures are subject to minimum numbers, sea and weather conditions and Explore Group reserves the right to cancel departures in the event that requirements are not met.
Marine Mammal Viewing
- Explore Group is licensed by the Department of Conservation to interact with marine mammals in accordance with the Marine Mammals Protection Act (1990).
- We operate under a number of restrictions to minimise disruption to marine mammals’ normal movements and behaviour.
- Where a marine mammal viewing guarantee is offered and no marine mammals are sighted during the cruise a complimentary voucher will be provided to do the same trip again.
- Complimentary vouchers are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and non-transferable and have no expiry date.
- No refund will be offered in lieu of a complimentary voucher.
- Vouchers are subject to availability and may not be confirmed for travel until 30 minutes prior to the departure time.
- Dangerous goods must be declared before travel on all Explore Group products and services. This includes but not limited to Gas Bottles, Dive Tanks, Fuel including Kerosene, Diesel and Petrol, Methylated Spirits and other flammable liquids or substances.
- We are limited in the quantity that we can carry , please call our team for more details.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- All prices stated are in New Zealand Dollars and include 15% Goods and Services Tax.
- Adult fares apply to all passengers 16 years and over.
- Child fares apply to children aged 5 to 15 years old. All children must be accompanied by a paying adult on all Explore Group tours and cruises.
- There is no charge for infants under 5 years old. However, infants must be included in your booking due to vessel capacity limits. Infants do not qualify for food and beverage inclusions.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking for all scheduled departures.
- Full payment for any booking made on account is due on the 20th day of the month following the departure date.
- Some activities are not recommended for pregnant women and people with medical conditions, please consult with Explore Group prior to departure.
- Ocean Adventure is an adventure activity not suitable for anyone under 7 years old, over 120kg in weight or with existing medical conditions. Children must be accompanied by an adult and be a suitable size and strength to participate. Please check at our booking office prior to travel. Skipper has final decision on suitability of passenger for travel.
- To the extent permitted by law, Explore Group hold no liability for damage to you or your property. This is subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- To the extent permitted by law, we hold no liability for disruption to your travel plans. We recommend our guests hold a comprehensive travel insurance policy in case of any unexpected changes in their travel plans that may incur a cancellation fee.
- For the comfort of all passengers and in accordance with New Zealand government legislation, we do not allow smoking or vaping on our vessels or vehicles.
- We observe Host Responsibility on all our vessels and locations and reserve the right to refuse any passenger who appears intoxicated at the time of boarding. BYO Alcohol is not permitted at any of our venues or on board any vessels.
- Where food and beverage is included we take no responsibility for dietary requirements or food allergies not advised prior to departure.