Discover the spectacular scenery of this New Zealand paradise and learn about the area’s rich culture and history with full commentary from our local skipper. When conditions permit, get up close to the dramatic cliffs at Cape Brett and travel through the iconic Hole in the Rock on Motukōkako.
Encounter diverse wildlife in their natural surroundings and keep an eye out for dolphins, whales, birdlife and seals during your cruise.
Your trip will also include a stop at Otehei Bay on the Department of Conservation’s Urupukapuka Island. You will have time to explore the island, swim at the sandy bay or enjoy a drink or bite to eat in the sun from our fully licensed café.
- 3 hours scenic cruise on board our purpose-built vessel with large viewing decks and air-conditioned cabin
- Visit the Cape Brett Peninsula and travel through the iconic Hole in the Rock on Motukōkako, when conditions permit
- 1.5 hour stop at Otehei Bay to explore the island, take a swim or snorkel, hire a kayak (kayaks available in peak season)
- Option to purchase drinks and snacks on board, as well as full café and bar facilities at Otehei Bay
- Opportunity to view marine mammals including dolphins, whales, seals, birdlife and more (conditions permitting)
- Extend your stay at Otehei Bay and return on a later Explore ferry at no extra cost (morning cruise only - please contact our reservations team to book your return ferry)
Explore Group is one of only two operators in the Bay of Islands licensed by the Department of Conservation to interact with Marine Mammals. Please note that as marine mammals are wild there will be occasions where we do not encounter them during our cruise.
This cruise is operating in partnership with Fullers GreatSights Hole in the Rock Cruise - some departures may code share.