Experience the spectacular natural beauty of the Bay of Islands and its abundant wildlife while we cruise the sheltered waters and discover whales, dolphins, seals, birdlife and more. We view marine mammals on 90% of our trips however, we also offer a marine mammal viewing guarantee so you can come again for free if we don’t spot any marine mammals during your cruise.
Your trip will also include a stop at Otehei Bay on the Department of Conservation’s recreation reserve Urupukapuka Island, where you will learn about the natural ecosystems being restored as part of the Project Island Song programme including revegetation, native species reintroduction, education and biosecurity.
You will also have time to explore the island via the established tracks and spot reintroduced native wildlife including tīeke (North Island saddleback), toutouwai (North Island robin), pāteke (brown teal), Wētāpunga (giant wētā) and more.
- 4 hours scenic cruising
- Opportunity to view marine mammals including dolphins, whales, seals, birdlife and more
- Marine mammal viewing guarantee - come again for free if we don’t spot any marine mammals during your cruise
- 1.5 hour island stop to spot the native wildlife reintroduced on Urupukapuka
- Learn about Project Island Song’s ecological restoration programme
- Opportunity to snorkel/swim (conditions permitting)
- Option to enjoy a drink or bite to eat in the sun from our fully licensed café