Explore Otehei Bay and Urupukapuka Island - a must do while you are in the Bay of Islands - and discover one of Northlands best kept secrets.
Relax and listen to the soundtrack of waves and bird song or get busy with a day of activities in this stunning island setting. Swim at the safe secluded beaches, go for a walk, hire a kayak or perhaps enjoy lunch, dinner or a cold drink from our fully licensed café.
- Relax on island time - find a quiet spot to soak up the scenery
- Enjoy a swim or snorkel at the safe sandy bay
- Explore on foot - take one of the many walks on the island, listen to all the different bird song and take in the stunning vista from numerous different look out spots
- Discover the regenerating native forests and reintroduced species such as the Tīeke, Kakariki, Toutouwai and more
- Hire a kayak (during peak season) to explore the island
- Refuel and enjoy a bite to eat or a drink from the fully licensed café onsite
- Visit the Education Centre to learn about the islands' history, the marine mammal sanctuary and the ecological restoration of the islands of Ipipiri. For further information about Project Island Song and the Bay of Islands' pest-free wildlife sanctuary, visit projectislandsong.co.nz.
- Stay longer and camp at one of the designated campsites
Otehei Bay is available for group functions, weddings and events, find out more here.