Enjoy a cruise through Tikapa Moana, the Hauraki Gulf, and discover Rotoroa Island sanctuary. This pretty little island is perfect for a summer escape from the city for the day or longer.
Rotoroa Island has been predator free since 2014 and is now home to a number of native birds and wildlife free ranging across the island. With a unique history as a rehabilitation centre you will uncover the history of Rotoroa through the award-winning museum and exhibition. Enjoy quiet sandy beaches for picnics and swimming and take in the views from Waiheke to Coromandel. There really is something here for everyone.
- Enjoy an 75 minute cruise each way through Tikapa Moana, the Hauraki Gulf, to Rotoroa Island
- Discover the unique history of the island through the award-winning muesum exhibition and heritage buildings around the island
- Explore the island on foot via established walking tracks across open fields, native bush and sandy shorelines
- A 90 minute guided nature walk is available to book with one of the islands' knowledgeable and passionate rangers. These can be pre-booked online with your ferry ticket. Find out more here.
- Spot iconic native species free ranging across the island including kiwi, takahē and tīeke
- Enjoy the sheltered sandy bays and clear waters for relaxing, swimming and snorkelling.
- Facilities on the island include a gift shop (open 90 minutes prior to the ferry departing the island), freshwater drinking fountain, toilets and electric barbeques
- There is no café so please pack your own snacks and lunch to take with you or purchase from onboard our vessel
- Various holiday homes are available on the island for those who wish to stay a bit longer, these can booked at rotoroa.org.nz