Otehei Bay is the perfect spot to discover the joy of kayaking. Explore the calm sheltered waters and quiet sandy bays from the water for a whole new perspective of the island.
Bay of Islands Kayaking offers a 3 hour Kayak Tours or Kayak Rental by the hour.
Start your tour with a scenic journey on one of our ferry's to arrive at Otehei Bay on Urupukapuka Island. From there you'll head off in your kayaks on a 3 hour guided tour paddling through rock gardens, discovering caves and taking in the amazing scenery. At the end of your kayaking adventure, relax on a bean bag on the lawn in front of the Otehei Bay Cafe and reward yourself with a cold drink and some delicious food from the onsite cafe and bar.
You can choose from any of the return ferry's depending on how long you want to spend on the island.
- Your return ferry ticket from Paihia / Russell out to Otehei Bay
- 3 hour guided kayaking tour
- Kayak, snorkelling gear, and dry bags for personal belongings
Need to know:
- Meeting location is at the Paihia wharf 10 minutes before your ferry departure on the day of your tour. If you are catching the ferry in Russell make sure you are at the wharf in time for the ferry departure.
- Bring change of clothes, water bottle, camera, sun protection and towel.
- Child price is up to 15 years of age