Bay of Islands Kayaking operates rentals right on the beach at Otehei Bay offering high quality kayaks, paddle boards and more.
Rentals start from $30 per hour for a single kayak.
Guided Kayak Tour:
Start your tour with a cruise from Paihia or Russell on our ferry and arrive at Otehei Bay on Urupukapuka Island to start your kayak adventure. Your 3 hour guided kayak takes off from Otehei Bay to discover Urupukapuka from its sheltered waters and includes paddling through rock gardens, discovering caves and taking in the amazing scenery. At the end of your trip, relax on a bean bag on the lawn in front of the Otehei Bay Cafe and reward yourself with a cold drink and some delicious food from the onsite cafe and bar. You can choose from any of the return ferry's depending on how long you want to spend on the island.
Adult $160 | Child $140
- Return ferry ticket from Paihia / Russell to Otehei Bay
- 3 hour guided kayaking tour
- Kayak, snorkelling gear, and dry bags for personal belongings
Need to know:
- Meeting location is at the Paihia wharf 10 minutes before your ferry departure on the day of your tour. If you are catching the ferry in Russell make sure you are at the wharf in time for the ferry departure.
- Bring change of clothes, water bottle, camera, sun protection and towel.
- Child price applies for children 15 years and under